Friday, October 18, 2019
Friday, October 11, 2019
Sunday, October 06, 2019
Thursday, August 22, 2019
And in six sentences I saw hope is possible.
- 1 We believe Australia can be an affirming light in a time of despair, a global leader in transitioning to a carbon-free and socially just society, and that is why we wish our government to –
- 2 Work with Australian land managers to stop land clearing, protect existing forests and grow new forests to absorb existing carbon pollution.
- 3 Work with Australian farmers and graziers to make farming carbon neutral.
- 4 Work with Australian miners to ensure a transition into 21st century minerals (nickel, rare earth) and end thermal coalmining and gas fracking in Australia.
- 5 Work with Australian regulators to make all Australian ground transport powered by renewable energy by 2030.
- 6 Work with Australian industry to make Australia a renewable energy giant and carbon-neutral economy by 2050, funded by progressive pollution tariffs on global heaters.
That neither the government nor Labor party would at present even contemplate such things is beside the point. That we must commit them to.