Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Thought

‘First thought, best thought.’ Ever thought about it? I wonder what my first thought was, I wonder what your first thought was. We come out of the womb with tattered bits of old wisdom shriveling in our new consciousness, and we make a thought with that. What language is it in? What colour is it? Does it matter if you are born in a field or in a maternity hospital? Thereafter each thought is built on that first one: pre-lingual, pre-worldly sensation, pre-education. What you think next and the thought after that and so on is influenced by it. Yet we have no idea what it is. It hides at the very base of our brains. What thought first thought? What thought last thought? This thought is a mere aside on the journey between. Perhaps I am thinking about it because my first thought is agitated, it wants out, it seeks my attention although it is basically more my thought than even these thoughts. What will my next thought be?

No comments: