Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Short Fiction Contest 2010
Submissions will be accepted February 1st-February 28th, with the winner announced in late spring. Submissions must be 1200 words or less. There is no entry fee. Louise Erdrich, winner of the 2009 Kenyon Review Award for Literary Achievement, will be the final judge. The Kenyon Review will publish the winning short story in the Winter 2011 issue, and the author will be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2010 Writers Workshop, June 19th-26th, in Gambier, Ohio.
* Writers must 30 years of age or younger at the time of submission.
* Stories must be no more 1200 words in length.
* One submission per entrant.
* Please do not simultaneously submit your contest entry to another magazine or contest.
* The submissions link will be active February 1st to February 28th. All work must be submitted through our electronic system [http://kenyonreview.org/krsubmit/submissions/ ]. We cannot accept paper submissions.
* Winners will be announced in the late spring. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of any decisions regarding your work.
* For submissions, we accept the following file formats only:
o .PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
o .DOC (Microsoft Word)
o .RTF (Rich Text Format)
o .TXT (Microsoft Wordpad and Notepad, Apple TextEdit
Submissions will be accepted February 1-28, 2010