Thursday, June 10, 2010

Interview with Millicent Borges Accardi


Interviews with poets are often interesting, and here's one by a poetry-list friend of mine, Millicent Borges Accardi at http://womensvoicesforchange.org/millicent-borges-accardi-woman-on-a-shaky-bridge.htm

A quote to tantalise you:

INTERVIEWER: That’s a provocative position! We’ll be interested to hear what WVFC readers think about that. Meanwhile, to close our conversation, here’s one final query: What question do you wish we’d asked you and how would you answer it?

MILLICENT: Oh gosh. I guess I want to answer a question about the book cover for Woman on a Shaky Bridge. My husband is an artist and the painting (of me) is a large-scale oil that he painted. It was one of those moments—I was sitting on the couch and Charles had finished a series of nude self portraits, then, another series of fallen soldiers, and was about to launch onto a new pathway when he looked at me and said, There! I had just returned from yoga and had no makeup on and I was not all that engaged. But when it came time to choose a cover, I thought that painting was perfect.

No comments: