The Tom Collins Poetry Prize 2011
The Tom Collins Poetry Prize is an annual competition inaugurated by FAWWA in 1975 in memory of Australian author Joseph Furphy (1843 - 1912) who wrote as Tom Collins.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS MUST BE ADHERED TO. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF ENTRY AND FORFEITURE OF ENTRY FEE.
Opening Date: September 1st 2011
Closing Date: December 15th 2011 (Entries must be postmarked by this date to be accepted.)
Winners Announced: late February 2012.
Number of Lines: Maximum 60 lines per poem.
Prizes: First $1000, Second $400, 4 x Highly Commended $150, 4 x Commended (certificate only)
Entry Fee: $10 for one poem, $15 for two, $20 for three (maximum of three poems per author). Payable by Cheque or Money Order (payable to FAWWA) or by Visa or MasterCard
1. All work must be previously unpublished. Work broadcast, or performed, are classified as published.
2. The Fellowship of Australian Writers (WA) reserves the right to publish the winning, second place and highly commended entries in its publications. Results will be published in FAWWA publications.
3. Non-award-winning manuscripts are destroyed after the competition and will not be returned. Ensure you keep a copy.
4. A pen name must be used and CHANGED for each poem. The real name of the author must not appear on the manuscript.
5. Each poem must have a cover page with only the following information; Competition, Title of Poem, Pen Name.
6. A COMPLETED entry form must be enclosed. Ensure all sections are filled out and the entry form is signed. Entry fee of $10 per poem should be paid by cheque or money order made payable to FAWWA, or by Visa or MasterCard. Credit card payments. Sending of cash is at competitor’s own risk.
7. The judge’s decision is final. Competitors must not communicate with the judge before or during the competition. All unsuccessful entries will be shredded after the competition
8. If a list of prize-winners is required, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your entry or provide your email address on the entry form.
9. Send entries to: Competition Secretary, Entry for TCPP, PO Box 6180 Swanbourne WA 6910
Note: It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure entries comply with all the terms and conditions of entry. If any entry is excluded due to non-compliance of these terms and conditions, the competitor will not be notified nor will the entry fee be refunded.
Or you may send a self-address stamped envelope to FAWWA, PO Box 6180, Swanbourne WA 6910
Tom Collins House in Swanbourne, Western Australia, once the residence of Joseph Furphy is now the headquarters of the Fellowship of Australian Writers WA branch, Western Australia's state-wide network for writers since 1938.