NEW DEADLINE: 30 JULY 2012
The PressPress Chapbook Award is for an unpublished chapbook length manuscript of poems. The winning manuscript will receive $500 and chapbook publication with PressPress. The Award will be announced on the PressPress site.
Conditions of entry
1. The manuscript should be an original poetry manuscript of chapbook length (ie 20 to 40 pages). It must be unpublished (ie not in a magazine, not a zine, not on a site or any other form of publication) and not on offer to another publisher in Australia or elsewhere (except that individual poems can be already taken or on offer to journals, sites or anthologies where you keep the copyright).
2. The Award will be made to the best overall chapbook received. PressPress reserves the right not to make an award if the standard of submitted entries is insufficient or to split an Award.
3. The Award will be judged by the PressPress Award panel: the decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The Award, $500 (AUD) and publication of the manuscript as a PressPress chapbook, will be announced on the PressPress site. The final content of the winning chapbook will be negotiated with PressPress editors.
5. The author's name and address must be supplied but appear not on the manuscript.
6. Submissions should be made through the submissions manager. Contact PressPress by mail or email if, for some reason, you can’t submit through the submissions manager. (PO Box 94 Berry 2535 Australia or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Entries must be sent by 30 July 2012 but you can submit any time before then.
8.The administration fee is $18 (AUD) per entry.