In the spirit of Geoffrey Robertson, “Strictly Hypothetical” is a NEW brand of community dialogue about to hit Perth for a spring season.
Billed as the “thinking person’s night out” they are an hilarious night of live entertainment for the cost of a movie ticket.
Held at Rosie O’Grady’s in Northbridge, each show explores a fictional scenario, based on a real world issue.
7.30pm Thursday 5 September
When the oceans rise, the Islanders of Neknus can no longer squeeze into the few remaining hilltop houses.
Where are they to go and who is responsible? This compelling exploration of climate refugees will have the following amazing panel:
· Prof. Colleen Hayward AM, Senior Noongar woman + ECU Pro-Vice-Chancellor
· Prof Janette Hartz-Karp, Curtin University Sustainability Policy (CUSP) Institute WA
· Prof. Ashley Flair, Anti-Climate Change Scientist (USA)
· Mr Sami Shah, Pakistan’s first stand up comedian, Sami Shah has been delivering punchlines from the front lines of the War on Terror for 8 years.
· Senator Scott Ludlam, Australian Greens Senator
Hidden A Gender
7.30pm Thursday 19 September It’s the post-gender world of 2050.
Through a combination of biotechnical and cultural changes, most people no longer identify with a single gender.
So does that mean the battle of the sexes is over?
7.30pm Thursday 3 October
Is sport the enemy of art in the lucky country?
And can a busload of cultural refugees from Melbourne save Perth’s cultural scene before the curtain falls on it forever?
7.30pm Thursday 17 October Newly discovered “Radiant” is the perfect recreational drug: _blissful highs, no hangover, non toxic, non addictive.
Should Australia be the first to legalise it?
Tickets are $20 / $15 conc. online and $25 at the door OR
$70 / $50 conc. for a season pass to all 4 shows.
You can also like us on Facebook for a chance to win free tickets.
We hope to see you there,