Saturday, June 27, 2009

Prose Poems - a post to read

As you would have seen recently, I am attracted to the prose poem, as in Water Colour Morning, a poetic form whose definition is not fully clear in my mind, so it is even more interesting to work within its vague borders. Yet I still force free verse (so called) into form, as in the six line verses of On Chapman Hill. So, I am often attracted to discussion about the prose Poem. If you are similarly interested, there is an interesting posting at Best American Poetry's blog, http://thebestamericanpoetry.typepad.com/the_best_american_poetry/2009/06/prose-poem-fact-or-fiction-by-sally-ashton.html It does take you back to the original posting which sparked her thinking, so be patient: at the original posting one must scroll down quite some way to approach the subject.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: